[iPhone 2g] 2.0 is the worst update from apple, ever

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NeoMayhem, Aug 22, 2008.

1. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

iPhone OS 2.0 has seriously got to be the worst product apple has ever released. I have been using OS X since 10.2 and have installed every updated within hours of its release. Never have I had a single issue. Then I got an iPhone. Just like with OS X, I installed every update on it as soon as I could. Never had a problem. Then, last month, the much anticipated 2.0 software came out. I was excited about the new features it offered, but installing this update is the worst thing that has ever happened to my iPhone. Here some are the issues I am having:

1. SMS/Address Book lag. This comes and goes, sometimes it is terrible, other times its not really a problem.
    2. Apps Not opening.
    3. Settings.app lags a lot upon opening
    4. Sound stops working randomly, then works after a call or text comes in.
    5. CommCenter crashes randomly, requiring me to type in my SIM pin again before I get service, meaning no calls or texts are received.
    6. When a call comes in, the ringer lags behind the vibration by a few seconds.
    7. Most apps lag before quitting when pressing the home button.
    8. Safari has completly locked up the phone on more then 1 occassion when browsing a simple website. (Force quitting the app would not work)
    9. Random skipping in iTunes (rare, but never happened on 1.x).
    10. Random slowness.

*Sorry for the rant, I just cant believe apple has not been able to fix some of these things yet, with TWO updates. It was working perfect on 1.1.4, so its not like anything new needs to be invented. I feel really bad for iPhone 3g users who seem to be having even worse problems.

2. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

I agree 2.0 was buggy. Most would agree. But we are up to 2.02 now which is far more stable and has eliminated or minimized many of the commonly reported bugs. And I'm sure the 2.1 firmware coming soon will be even better.

I personally have none of the issues that you mentioned, with the exception of some lag that occurs occasionally with texting.

Have u updated that firmware? If u have, I would get your phone checked out b/c it may be defective.

3. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

I'm on 2.0.2 and it's much nicer up here. I faced almost all of the issues you talk about with 2.0, but with 2.0.2 almost all problems are gone, there is the occasional lag here and there, but it's much less frustrating.

come on up! :D

4. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Can't be the worst update every since it enabled the app store which is possibly the best thing ever.

So it is far from the worst update ever.