iPhone 2G 2.2.1 frequently shuts down in idle.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by estarctic, Apr 9, 2009.

1. estarctic macrumors newbie

iPhone is jailbraked and unlocked. I bought it two months ago and it had 1.1.2 on it, next day I upgraded it to 2.0 and then I was able to go to 2.2.1. After that all seemed to be OK, but after week or bit less my phone shut down for a first time. At first, I thought that its bricked, but after doing some research I found possibility to reset using home+hold, but problem itself still exists. Usually I find my phone in that condition in the morning and its very annoying. Sometimes it also shuts down durning day, but I have never had this situation at the time I am using my phone(but ~3 times it also has restarted itselt at the time I am using it)
    What to do?

2. DiSFLyLaTiNa macrumors regular

i've been having the same exact problem!!! I don't know what it is no one seems to know what's wrong.

I tried taking off some of the jailbroken applications that I have. The ONLY ones I have on there now is cycorder and swirly mms. It still crashes though so I'm not sure of what else I can do to have it stop doing that.

3. dolph2000 macrumors newbie

same here, but not jailbroken but official one.

4. estarctic thread starter macrumors newbie

5. NewIphone macrumors member

I had this problem well I think it is what you are talking about.

See my thread:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=676471

I took the phone to the regents streets apple store here in London and they gave me a new one.

Since then the problem has come back a few times which makes me think should I get yet another new phone :) lol.

But anyways I think its just a general problem with the current firmware. Don'T worry 3.0 will be here soon :D