iPhone 2G 2.2.1 frequently shuts down in idle.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by estarctic, Apr 9, 2009.

1. estarctic macrumors newbie

Apr 9, 2009
    iPhone is jailbraked and unlocked. I bought it two months ago and it had 1.1.2 on it, next day I upgraded it to 2.0 and then I was able to go to 2.2.1. After that all seemed to be OK, but after week or bit less my phone shut down for a first time. At first, I thought that its bricked, but after doing some research I found possibility to reset using home+hold, but problem itself still exists. Usually I find my phone in that condition in the morning and its very annoying. Sometimes it also shuts down durning day, but I have never had this situation at the time I am using my phone(but ~3 times it also has restarted itselt at the time I am using it)
    What to do?
  2. DiSFLyLaTiNa macrumors regular

Jan 8, 2009
    i've been having the same exact problem!!! I don't know what it is no one seems to know what's wrong.

I tried taking off some of the jailbroken applications that I have. The ONLY ones I have on there now is cycorder and swirly mms. It still crashes though so I'm not sure of what else I can do to have it stop doing that.
  3. dolph2000 macrumors newbie

Apr 9, 2009
    same here, but not jailbroken but official one.
  4. estarctic thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 9, 2009
  5. NewIphone macrumors member

Jan 20, 2009
    I had this problem well I think it is what you are talking about.

See my thread:

I took the phone to the regents streets apple store here in London and they gave me a new one.

Since then the problem has come back a few times which makes me think should I get yet another new phone :) lol.

But anyways I think its just a general problem with the current firmware. Don'T worry 3.0 will be here soon :D