iPhone 2G 2.2.1 touchscreen unresponsive at lockscreen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by xply, Apr 12, 2009.

1. xply macrumors newbie

many times when I press the home button to bring up the lock screen, the whole touch screen becomes unresponsive. I then press the power button to turn off the screen and then press it again to bring it up. Now the lockscreen works and I am able to unlock the phone. I have also restored my phone in hopes of fixing this problem yet it still persists.

Is this a bug in just my phone? Does anyone else experience this? Any fixes?

2. fjodor macrumors newbie

same problem over here. iphone 2g 16gb 2.2.1 jailbreak. i am still not sure if its a software or hardware problem. tried to increase the intensity of the screen with this hack (http://limitededitioniphone.com/iphone-touchscreen-fix-increase-sensitivity/) but didn't help at all.
    the really crazy thing is that sometimes it works just perfect and in the next moment trying to unlock it doesn't work anymore. bad thing is that it got worse over the last one and half months. some maybe its after all a hardware problem.
    did you try to get back to 2.2?
    cheers fjodor