iphone 2g 3.0 with tmobile not receiving calls but can make them

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jkyle2108, Sep 21, 2009.

1. jkyle2108 macrumors newbie

hello everyone,
    i recently bought an unlocked/jailbroken iphone 2g that was unlocked using redsn0w and i havent been able to receive calls. i call myself and it doesnt ring but after about 30 seconds or so it will reach my voicemail..:eek: and i can leave a voicemail on it but i dont receive the call ll just get a notice saying i have a voicemail..i dont know why this is happening or what is going on with it so if anyone could help my i would really appreciate it.

thank you

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    What OS are you running? Have you tried resetting all network settings? How about restoring and jailbreaking 3.1 with Pwnage Tool?

3. jkyle2108 thread starter macrumors newbie

oh gosh wat is OS? im not too sure wat that is but the info i got was it is redsn0w-win_0.7.1 and firmware version iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore i dont know what this means but i sent a message to the guy i bought the phone from asking him for the info and this is wat he gave me.. and im not too sure how to reset the network settings or how to jailbreak it with the 3.1 pwnage tool..if you could give me some tips or links on how to do so that would be great. thank you so much!

4. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

First, a question. Does your SIM work all right for receiving calls if you put it in another T-Mob phone?

If it doesn't, call T-Mobile.

If it does, try following the following steps, which take you through reinstalling and re-unlocking your phone. Set aside an hour or so:

1. Download the 3.0.0 AND the 3.0.1 files for the 2G iphone from here: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750
    It is the lines labelled
    3.0.0 (2G): iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw
    and
    3.0.1 (2G): iPhone1,1_3.0.1_7A400_Restore.ipsw
    put them in a foldfer on your desktop called Pwnage.

2. Put the phone into DFU mode like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpinyGlQ8I
    and when iTunes tells you it needs to restore, hold the Shift key (Windows) or the Option key (Mac) and it will open an explorer window. Browse to the desktop and select the 3.0.1 file you just downloaded. Let iTunes retore the phone. Don't go on to the activation step.

3. Use this tutorial to unlock and jailbreak your phone. In both cases, SKIP STEP 2 - you have already done it. When you get to Step 2, just scroll down to Step 3:
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4302 (Windows)
    or this one
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4304 (Mac)

Your phone should now work OK.

(And just in case you run into a fairly common problem running Redsn0w - if RedSn0w hangs up at "Waiting for Reboot", just unplug the cable for a couple of seconds then plug it back in again.)

5. jkyle2108 thread starter macrumors newbie

oh gosh thank you so much Moi un Mouton! it worked! thanks again for everyones help =] it worked on the first try too! im so glad it didnt take me more times to do it! haha!

6. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Well done and thanks for posting back. Enjoy your phone :D

7. jkyle2108 thread starter macrumors newbie

how to unlock iphone 2g 3.1.2

ok i really messed up my iphone 2g.... it was messing up again and i restored and updated it to the 3.1.2 firmware and now i dont know what to do to unlock it! i have tmobile and when i plug it in it says emergency call only and i dont know what tool to use to unlock it since i already updated it from 3.0 to 3.1.2 =[ if anyone can help i would really appreciate it. thank you!!!

8. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

9. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

If it's a 2G, like you said, you should be able to get it working without a problem.
    Follow the guides above, and remember to not update to 3.1.2, it's currently unjailbreakable without tethering.