Iphone 2g/3g activation suggestions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by juanbosch, Oct 2, 2008.

1. juanbosch macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, first Id like to say Im a long time lurker and I was wondering if anyone had any advice or experience with the following.

I currently have a family plan with verizon wireless and im planning to switch to att and get 2 iphones. Ive thought about it and I don't want the Iphone 3g because there is no 3g service in my area and the data plan is $10 more expensive. So Im going to buy 2 iphone 2gs of Ebay.

In order to defray the costs of the 2 used iphones, would it be possible to do the following:

Order and buy 2 Iphone 3gs, sell them on Ebay and then swap to my 2 Iphone 2gs (and downgrade the data plans). Is this even possible?

If it is possible, would I have to wait 30 days to downgrade the plan to the 2g plan? Would I have to go to ATT to downgrade or can I do it from Itunes?

Otherwise, I will go an activate a family plan with 2 cheap free phones, sell them on Ebay and then activate the Iphones.

Any help is appreciated! :)

Thanks again

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

If you're getting about 4 phones, it'll cost about 160$ a month..lol, that is if you get text messages..