iphone 2g activation problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by syuan6o4, Dec 28, 2008.

1. syuan6o4 macrumors newbie

hi,

i just got my iphone, it's used, but everything is fine with it. It is unlocked. So i restore it right, plug it into my itunes ( latest version ) and follow the instructions to activate the iphone. Everything is fine until i reach the terms and agreements page, the page doesn't load. All i see is a " Table of contents" line and nothing underneath. I assume that nothing is wrong so i click the "I agree" button and press continue. then a window comes up that tells me " COuld not complete the itunes store request. The store may be busy. CHeck your internet connection or try again later."

I have tried this already on 3 different versions of Itunes, 2 different computers over a span of 3 days. I'm using a Fido sim card, i'm 100% sure the phone is unlocked. Please help me as this is really frustrating me. thank you

2. calvy macrumors 65816

In the US, my mom has been just gone through this. I gave her an unlocked first gen iphone, and she wanted to register it with a legit account. So I had her restore the iphone with the latest stock firmware from iTunes on her Mac, and when the phone restarted, it asked to be activated. She ran through the whole process, and did not encounter errors exactly like yours, but it did take several hours for her activation to finish. I think it was around 3 hours for her. So perhaps it is itunes server issues.