iPhone 2g and iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikemanblah, Sep 27, 2010.

1. mikemanblah macrumors regular

I like to switch between my iPhone 2g and 4.
    If i do switch, will i need a seperate dataplan, or will it feed off of my dataplus plan? or will i pay per mb. Also, if someone who doesnt have a dataplan uses an iphone 2g, will it add it automatically?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The sim inside the iphone 4 is a microsim so you will need an adapter to use it on the iphone 2G. The data plan from an iphone 4 will work with a 2G but if you use a 2G $20 plan with an iphone 4 the system will detect it and add the appropriate data to your account.
    On an iphone 2G you dont need to have a data plan and it wont add it automaticly but with iphones 3G, 3GS and iphone 4 you do and will be added.

3. mikemanblah thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you a lot. I have an iPhone 4 but want to use my buds old 2g just for fun and use it to loan to friends. So i just turn off cellular data and it wont charge an extra dime on anyone elses plan who doesnt have data? I just wanted to make sure i wasn't paying for a 2g+dataplus plan

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

On a 2G there is no option to turn off carrier data since they stopped updating it since 3.1.3
    You can install a fake apn file to disable data though. www.unlockit.co.nz thru your iPhones safari browser.