iPhone 2G Antenna problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mySoom, Dec 19, 2010.

1. mySoom macrumors newbie

Hello. There is a problem with my iPhone that i could use some advice.

I recently bought an iPhone 2G. Where i live, iPhone 2G is locked, so jailbreak and unlock is necessary in order to use the GSM. I performed both and everything went fine, but i still get "No Service". When i bought it, i knew it had signal issues. So I thought i could fix it.

When i opened it, i realized that 3 cables where out of place. The phone appeared to have been opened in the past, but i didn't give any attention to it. As i suspect, those cables are the antenna cables.

I tried gluing the cables back, but nothing. I used simple powerful glue.

Also, the WiFi signal is very very poor. Even when i get 1ft from the router, it stills shows 2/3 of the signal power, sometimes even nothing. When i move 20ft (when maintaining visual contact with the router - there is no obstacle between the phone and the router), i do not see the WiFi.

Is it a bad thing not worth spending 1€ more on it, or is this something that can be fixed?

First thing in the morning i will post some pictures of the iPhone and the inside, in case someone can make something more out of it.:(:(

Thank you in advance.

PS. Please excuse me if i posted in the wrong section, and be kind enough to move the topic to the right position. I apologize for any inconvenience.

2. mySoom thread starter macrumors newbie

Even though it took me a few days, here are the pics, with the best possible resolution and quality. I hope they provide with some help.

Waiting for your help...

PS. I glued the 3 cables that are annotated on the first picture with red. There is a fourth one, where the blue arrow is, but i do not know what it is. As you can see on the only picture showing the front of the phone, someone opened it as the ear speaker is white. I don't know yet what that is, i will open the phone and check it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. mySoom thread starter macrumors newbie

One more thing... Does anybody know what every part i see exactly what is and if i can replace it myself? Or a website/picture explaining what everything is?

Thanks...