Iphone (2G) battery drains fast...?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maximus06, Jul 18, 2008.

1. maximus06 macrumors regular

I recently bought a used 1st generation iPhone, it had been in use for about 6-7 months, but is still in *really* good condition, everything works great, few scratches, only 1 small dent, in other words: it was loved.

The only problem I have, is that the battery seems to drain really fast...I listened to a bit of music today, did some surfing and played some games, all in all i couldn't have been more than 2 hours usage (not all at once), and now my battery is at 30%.

I've already "calibrated" it, by draining it fully (which also went fast...) and then recharging it to full.

I read that a full recharge is supposed to take 4 hours, but it took much less for me, maybe 1.5-2 hours. So it drains fast, and charges fast. What does that mean? Do I need a new battery?

Note: brightness was turned down VERY low always, no EDGE usage at all. This is on 1.1.4

Any help is very much appreciated!

2. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Are you on 2.0? If so, this is (likely) a software issue and the hope is that Apple will be addressing it soon with an update. If you are not on 2.0 it is possible you've got a bum battery.seeing as the phone is used.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Locations Services - Locations Services - Locations Services - Locations Services

Also, many of the Apps use the internet connection, without showing the ouroboros circle. I can't even get 6 hours out of my iPhone because of listening to AOL Radio.

TEG

4. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

maybe the battery's shot because my phone has the same battery length as when i first got it.

5. maximus06 thread starter macrumors regular

6. maximus06 thread starter macrumors regular