IPhone 2G bootneuter no sim error

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mrhansolo, Oct 24, 2011.

1. mrhansolo macrumors newbie

Oct 24, 2011
    I am trying to unlock my iphone 2g to work with Corr Wireless (southeast US carrier). I have used the guide here (iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.1.3 Using PwnageTool (Mac) (Comments) to jailbreak/unlock my phone. I am using the 4.6 boot-loader. My phone is model MA712LL, and has a modem firmware of 04.05.04_G. After going through the initial reboot and having boot-neuter set up it restarts again and loads into the ios. It shows a message that says "NO SIM card installed". I have five different sims here, the corr wireless one i'm wanting to use, one from cingular, one from AT&T, one from NEXTEL from about 2002, and one from etisalat in the UAE. I have tried all of these sims and I keep getting the no sim error. I was hoping someone here could help me out and help me overcome this error.

Thank You,

2. mrhansolo thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 24, 2011
    I have also followed this guide http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=7436, (had to use 3.1.2 restore because Redsn0w wouldn't verify the 3.1.3 IPSW. Installed bootneuter and let it load up its current settings which were 4.6, Neuter, and Unlock. I hot my home button and it says no service for a bit then no sim installed. I have tried this with 4 different sim cards. These cards aren't active cards ,but shouldn't it recognize that there is a sim installed regardless? Should I change something?

- Han
  3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Dec 22, 2008
    Seattle, WA USA
    Personally, I think it is a hardware failure where your Iphone can't detect the sim when it in there.

So, I think you need to fix this first before you can get any kind of signal from sim.
  4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Apr 16, 2008
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    Yep, sounds like a hardware issue.
    Not anything you can fix with software.