Iphone 2g - bottom part of screen is not responding

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Crystal-RX, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Hello. I am newbie here. I have a 2g 4gig iphone with v.2.0.2 software on it. When I turn the phone on, the bottom part appear to tell me to slide for emergency call. i tried to do it but it not respond. However, when I hit the powern button, the upper part asks me to slide to turn off the phone which I did and it did response to my command.

So, does anyone of you know what happen to this phone? is there a fix for it?

Thank you!

2. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Weird. Honestly you should take it to the Apple store. If they can recreate the issue they'll replace the phone for you for free.

Work it! :)

3. Crystal-RX thread starter macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

The problem is that I do not have an account with AT&T. This phone is a hand me down from a friend of mine. I did search the web and there were so many people having similar problem but no solution. I was hoping that someone from this forum has a solution to fix it.

4. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

My friend had a 2g hand-me-down iPhone that had the same problem. He took it to the Apple store and they replaced it. This was about 6 months ago, and I believe the phone was more than 1 year old.

5. Crystal-RX thread starter macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Really? even if you don't have AT&T account and the phone's seen like to beat up. They will replace it for free.

6. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Not if it's beat up. That's just bad business.

Don

7. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

Mine had this same problem after I dropped it about 1 foot onto the floor (it was in an unbuttoned shirt pocket and slipped out when I knelt to pick something up, d'oh). I took it into the Apple store, and the tech spent about 45 mintues doing diagnostic stuff - restarting, restoring to factory settings, before replacing it outright. I am convinced it is a physical problem.

Of course, you say you don't have AT&T, so the phone is unlocked? I'm pretty sure that voids your warranty, so the Genius may not do a damn thing. Oh yeah, and if it is has been more than a year since it was first purchased the warranty has expired anyways.

Good luck, but I think you'll be shopping ebay in the near future.