iPhone 2G Dock advice

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CooperBox, Jun 11, 2014.

1. CooperBox macrumors 6502a

CooperBox

Hi, I've just purchased a boxed iPhone 2G in great condition. I note however that there is no dock included (although there is space in the box).
    Were all 2G's sold with a charging dock?
    As I want to keep the assy as original as possible, can anyone please advise what the reference number is of the original 2G dock?
    Cheers.

2. headsh0t95 macrumors regular

Yep, all original iPhones included a charging dock.

The part number is MA816B/A. It is sold on some sites (like Amazon or eBay).

3. CooperBox thread starter macrumors 6502a

CooperBox

Many thanks for rapid reply. I've noted the P/N.
    I'll keep an eye open on the sites you mention - could be difficult to find though as I'm in Europe (France).
    Cheers.

4. CooperBox thread starter macrumors 6502a

CooperBox

Hi,
    With ref to my query for an iPhone 2G dock, I've seen one advertised as ''Apple iPhone iPod Charging Dock genuine original connection''. By the photo it looks identical to those I've seen boxed with the 2g, i.e. it has several rows of small holes either side of the dock connector, but apparently it has no part number on it, or any Apple logo underneath.
    Would anyone know if the 2G original dock had the p/no MA816B/A or Apple logo underneath?
    Cheers.