Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

igmolinav

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
Hi,

I have an iPhone 2G. I am not now in the U.S. at the moment and I am using a chip from the phone company of the country I live in. When I wanted to use my iPhone with a chip in this country, I had to pwn my iPhone in order to be able to use a chip from this country. If I update, will I be able to pwn my phone, or the update will not allow the use of any foreign chips, (or non U.S. chips) ??

Thank you very much, very kind regards,

igmolinav.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Hi,

I have an iPhone 2G. I am not now in the U.S. at the moment and I am using a chip from the phone company of the country I live in. When I wanted to use my iPhone with a chip in this country, I had to pwn my iPhone in order to be able to use a chip from this country. If I update, will I be able to pwn my phone, or the update will not allow the use of any foreign chips, (or non U.S. chips) ??

Thank you very much, very kind regards,

igmolinav.

providing you use the jailbroken version of 3.0.1 you will be fine.

igmolinav

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
Hi,

Sorry, I am not the most knowledgeable. So, I only have to find out if 3.0.1 can be jailbroken at this time the latest version of the pwn tool, right ??

Thank you very much again, kind regards,

igmolinav

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.