iPhone 2G family data possible?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 420-THC, Dec 24, 2009.

1. 420-THC macrumors member

Ok so i've decided im ditching my pile of crap E71x for a 16gb iphone 2g:) But right now i have the $10 a month unlimited family data, I know you can use a 2g iPhone without the data but my question is can you use it with the family data?:confused:

PS: I tried searching to no avail.

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

No. Each iPhone in a family plan will need to have it's own data plan. Only the minutes are shared for an iPhone in a family plan. 2G data is $20.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can probably use it untill they catch you and want you to upgrade to the $20 plan.

4. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

That's true. They will most likely send you a SMS saying that you are using the wrong data plan on an iPhone and it will ask you to call and have it changed to avoid charges. They won't charge anything or change your plan without you calling in to do it so don't worry about it.

I was using a 2G iPhone plan on a 3GS for 4 months and nothing ever happened other than the AT&T SMS warning messages.

5. 420-THC thread starter macrumors member

I would be the only one on the plan with a iPhone.

6. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Like I said, if you went to AT&T to add the iPhone in, they would let the others stay on the family data and you would have to go on a iPhone data plan.

We used to have 3 iPhones on a family plan and the price was close to $200 because each iPhone had to have it's own $30 data plan PLUS messaging.

7. 420-THC thread starter macrumors member

Well if i just slide my sim in with the $10 data already added what will happen?:confused:

8. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Most likely like I said above. Nothing other than an SMS message stating that you are using the wrong plan with your phone and that you need to call customer service to add the correct plan for your phone.

9. 420-THC thread starter macrumors member

That's good to know, ill just ignore them like everybody else:D

10. jseyf5 macrumors member

jseyf5

bro your fine. im paying 10 a month on my 3gs with no text message or anything. If it is on 3.0 then it will not work naturally, you have to use an apn changer to use the data. Its really easy to do though just google it