iphone 2g frozen after erase all contents and settings

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 14725803, May 30, 2010.

1. 14725803 macrumors newbie

hi
    im using an iphone 2g for the past year and this is the first time im getting problems. it was unlocked n jailbroked by my self and was working all well

the phone was working all well. had a lot of apps on it n was now working b bit slow so i decided to remove some apps n when i connected it to the pc it was saying that "device connected is unrecognised".

first i thought it was problem of snowboard i instaled recently so i removed from cydia. n after that i connected it to another computer not having itunes it opened the photo copying folder. i thought relief n i connected it to the first pc i was using and again it showed unrecognised but now on both computers and itunes too doesnt detect.

i also deleted all apps manually from the phone bt still having problem of unrecognised

now i resetted all settings and put erase all contents and settings. the apple logo with the status bar went ok. the the phone had blank screen and now apple logo appeared with the small rotating circle but it doesnt seem to move at all

-i tried resetting the phone(power+home) = comes back to the same screen
    -i tried plugging in with home button pressed = shows connect to itunes screen but pc still says unrecognised
    -i tried plugging in in dfu mode = still pc says unrecognised
    -i tried different cables which all worked n synced and so on before = still unrecognised

i then left it on the charger while apple logo with small circle all night bt in the morning same screen

i dun know what to do now. i even suspect that it is hardware problem now

please help me
    thanks

update:
    now during the apple logo +frozen circle screen it sometimes flickers and as if it restarts

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. 14725803 thread starter macrumors newbie

i had already tried putting in dfu mode i also above had written that it is not recognised by computer
    is there any other way?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You might have to try DFU mode numerous times for it to work. Lesson: don't erase all unless you're giving it to Apple.

6. 14725803 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes i seem to have a problem with the port in the phone whin i pressed it very firmly into the phone it worked

so for now i took 4 rubber bands and made them so that they press the data cable into the phone around the whole phone itsself

THANKYOU everyone who answered tc :)

7. 14725803 thread starter macrumors newbie

finally reliefed i solved the problem: had a problem with the phone's cable port

and yup im never gonna erase all... again ever

thankyou n tc :)