iPhone 2G gets overloaded and turns off?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by johannnn, Dec 25, 2010.

1. johannnn macrumors 65816

johannnn

I have an old 2G iPhone whos battery is having a weird behavior. Basically the phone turns off often when starting resource heavy apps such as games. Never when starting not resource heavy apps such as phone or sms. When it turns off, you can turn it on again and the battery is good again. Almost as if the phone gets overloaded?

Has anyone experienced or heard of this behavior? Does anyone have any idea on what to do?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its a hardware issue.
    I'd just get a new phone.
    No point on spending money repairing a 2G.

3. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Time to let go of the past eh?

4. johannnn thread starter macrumors 65816

johannnn

Thanks for the advice, but everyone don't have the economy to "just get a new phone".
    And frankly, the 2G is faster than the 3G after the 3G got upgraded to v4 ...
    If the problem is the hardware, I guess it's the battery? Wouldn't just buying a new 3rd party battery solve the problem?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its up to you if you want to play the guessing game and keep buying replacement parts for it. It will probably cost you more than buying a used 2G or 3G iphone.
    And if you're not carefull when taking it apart you could damage it even more.