iphone 2g Getting of while it is in sleep mode..!Read more..!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Moderate, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Moderate macrumors newbie

hello,

I have a iphone 2g which is turning off (Thnx to -aggie-) in sleep mode,if i keep connect to pc or plugged into charger it is working fine.

i did restore numerous times with 3.0 ,3.1.2, 3.1.3.I upgraded and downgraded also from 3.1.3 to 3.0 and vice versa but didn't help me.I used redsnow {0.9.4} for jailbreak and unlock.

I found a trick of altering power management settings (Winscp => accessing root directory)but that causes battery drain in 2 to 3 hours.So i restore back and now it is again getting off in sleep mode.

I tried custom firmwares also,that also didn't help me at all.

I want to know is it hardware or software? If anyone has had face this issue and have rectified it please post your solution here.

All i-phone guru's dive into solve the above stated issue.

Wbr,

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You might want to edit your post and change "getting off" to "turning off." :)

What do you have turned on in your phone? Push? Bluetooth? Anything else? There a number of things that could cause your phone to lose battery life while in sleep mode.

3. Moderate thread starter macrumors newbie

i didn't turn on anything.Even after a fresh restore facing the same problem.If i restore and not even jailbreak and let it idle for 2 minutes, it turns off.if i keep plugged in charger or usb cable it doesn't turn off in sleep mode for hours.

Gsm_Fone.