iphone 2g help please >>>

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by crezza, Nov 17, 2009.

1. crezza macrumors newbie

right then last week i was involved in a car crash, i had my belkin lead plugged in to my iphone 2g after the crash i went to make a call but couldnt hear anything until i put it on to loudspeaker

i then noticed wen i made a call if i tryed to turn the volume up it said headphones in brackets so i new that the phone still thought my jack was in

so i restored it still no joy...

so i looked on the net to see if i could see anything, few people said try inserting my headphones and take it out when music is playing but still no joy...but i can hear my ringtone when some one phones me and if i plug in my headphones i still dont hear nothing tho???

does anyone no anything else i could try

took it into apple today and they said because its out of warranty i had to pay £140 to repair it

2. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

Probably needs some diagnostics - need to look at that headphone cable assembly and the phone internals to ensure nothing broken or dislodged. Have you got a local repairer?

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I've got the same problem, and there's really nothing you can do w/o getting it repaired. I thought it was software, but I've done everything, so I know it's a problem in the jack now. Sucks you're OOW.

4. crezza thread starter macrumors newbie

gutted, so have u had yours looked at then, theres nothing at all that wont fix this then?? just googled a local repairer might take it down there its getting on my nerves everycall i have to put on loudspeaker & no ipod!!!!

was thinking of just getting insurance tho and just clamin a month later!!!

5. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

If you feel up to it, you can buy new 2G rear cases with all the switches, headphone jack etc already installed - depends on your confidence.

6. crezza thread starter macrumors newbie

how much do these ruffly cost???

7. MAJE5T1C macrumors newbie

about £45 on ebay and there a **** to do its very hard to get the old back of

8. crezza thread starter macrumors newbie

ok so i took this in to my local dealer and i couldnt belive it they fixed it for £45 everything works perfect now for me :D

Ive brought a 3g off my boss for £25!! tht he dropped in a swimming pool back in august, it still comes on but u have to keep restoring it u cant get it to boot up like!!! u just get the usb sign wiv the itunes logo above, so im taking it to this shop again this weekend they say they can repair it for £100 has anyone had a waterdamaged iphone fixed??? if so was it all good for you?? or did u encounter more problems

cheers