iPhone 2G is locked in Recovery Mode!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by macboy1000, Jun 21, 2010.

1. macboy1000 macrumors newbie

Hello. I just bought a used iphone 2g of ebay. When I first got it, I could use all the iPod features without my sim card in. I then put my sim card in and it didnt work so I jailbroke it using PWNED i think. Now it would accept my sim card, but it showed only one little bar of service and it wouldnt place or recieve calls. I was stupid and I then clicked restore in itunes to see if that would make my service work. I have an at&t 3g sim card by the way, but I am using it w/o data plan. My problem is now it wont exit recovery mode. All I see is the screen with the itunes logo and the cable being plugged into it. All I can do it slide the bar to make an emergency call, I cant even use the iPod features. There is a little lock icon above the picture and it stills shows that tiny bar of service. What can I do to fix this? I have tried redsnow and pwned so many times now and it just all goes back to this screen. My goal is to be able to put my at&t 3g sim card in and use the phone and i will deactivate data. Any ideas??? Thanks for your help!

2. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Your phone needs to be activated, it's not in recovery mode.
    Did you try putting your SIM in the iPhone and plugging it into iTunes? That will make it go from the "Slide for Emergency" screen to the "Slide to Unlock" screen.

3. macboy1000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, when I plug it into itunes it still has that screen and it does not say slide to unlock. iTunes wants me to register it with at&t instead

4. optophobia macrumors 6502a

optophobia

That is becausee it is not activated.

5. macboy1000 thread starter macrumors newbie

How can I activate it without registering it with att and paying for the data plan? Can I use something called iLiberty? I have an iphone 2g 3.1.3.