iPhone 2g keeps turning off every time I turn it on

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dnguy619, Aug 13, 2009.

1. dnguy619 macrumors newbie

I was using my 2g last night with less than 10% battery left. My WiFi was not working so I ended up turning it off to try to reset it. When I turn it on, it shows the Apple screen but then turns off after 5-10 seconds. It is the only screen I see. I did, however, yesterday see the connect USB to iTunes screen last night twice but my computer at home doesn't work either :(. I am at my sister's house today to try to connect it to iTunes but it doesn't recognize it.

So as of now, All I can see is the Apple screen when I power it up but it automatically turns off after 5-10 seconds every time. Has anybody else had this issue? Thanks in advance.

2. fishstacks macrumors member

3. ellabooh macrumors newbie

i have the same case with my 2g iphone. it kept on turning off. i called apple tech support and gave them the iphone's serial number. they said that to have it repaired, i need to pay $+200 because it's out of warranty :(. but then i heard of the battery replacement program where you only need to pay $80+ to replace battery but the tech support said there might be another problem with the iphone and the only thing they would do is change the battery but not to diagnose the problem. they advise me too to just get the 3gs which i already did. i just want to keep the old one as a back up.