iPhone 2G LCD Bleeding - Replacement Help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chameleon4, May 29, 2010.

1. chameleon4 macrumors newbie

Hi,

My iPhone 2G LCD has recently developed a bleed which is slowly spreading across the screen. I was just wondering if anyone knows how I need to go about replacing it.

The touch screen works fine so do I need to JUST get the LCD Display or do I need to get the LCD and digitizer (I assume that's the touch sensitive part) and if it is just the LCD I need will I need any adhesives etc to fit the new LCD screen to the current digitiser.

Thanks,

Dan

2. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

You will have to buy a combined LCD and Digitizer - it is virtually impossible to separate them without breaking them. I have tried it on a broken one and no matter how careful I am, I can't do it (and I am very very careful). My advice to most people is that 2G phones aren't worth repairing screen wise because of the price of the parts, but you might get lucky.

Overall, even if you get the parts, it is a difficult fix and you need to know what you are doing.

Regards

Spencer

3. chameleon4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeh I see your point, a lot of money considering the value of the phone. Plus the OS 4 wont be compatible with it.

I shall leave it and see if it gets any worse.

Thanks again,

Dan

4. chameleon4 thread starter macrumors newbie