iPhone 2g not booting

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Skozemczak, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Skozemczak macrumors newbie

Ok so heres the thing. My husband traded one of his old phones for an iPhone 2g. The person that he got the phone from had done some trading previously and has no idea whats been done to it in the past. This person reset the phone completely. When we got it it was on the itunes screen with the white cord/emergency call slider. Which is where it has stayed for the most part. We have tried hard restarting and restoring (x3) using 3.1.3. we tried downloading an apple 3.1.2 firmware, as well as a custom firmware (which we later found didnt work bc of an error on our part. Will try this again tonight) both while in dfu mode. We have tried plugging into wall and computer both. We have tried recboot (did nothing). We have tried hard restarting 3 times in a row (x3). When doing this, twice a loading black/white screen came up but nothing more happened. I am out of ideas! I have a 3GS that had some problems when I got it but it wasn't nearly as difficult to figure out!! The goal is to get the home screen loaded so we can jailbreak and unlock for tmo. If you have any ideas at all, please let me know!!

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You're simply stuck at the activation screen. If you have a burnt or active AT&T SIM card lying around, you can activate it with that.

3. Skozemczak thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, bt there's an AT&T sim in right now. And has been the whole time.

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Disconnect and reconnect the iPhone and it will activate.

5. Skozemczak thread starter macrumors newbie

What do you mean disconnect and reconnect? To the computer?

6. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

7. Skozemczak thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey thanks a lot! I really think this is going to work! Only issue is that The firmware doesn't just "open" like the instructions say it should. It doesn't tell me to "zip", either. Of course I did zip, but now it's not coming up in the browsing session when I attempt to restore with it. Any ideas?