Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TapOut

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Erie, PA
i have an iphone 2g i am trying to jailbreak and unlock and i turn it off it goes into dfu mode.. then it starts the jailbreak process then it says waiting for reboot and its stuck on that .. i have tried it many times and each time it gets stuck on the waiting for reboot stage during the jailbreak process in redsnow ..any help ? i am on 3.0 using the 3.0 firmware NOT 3.0.1

Moi un Mouton

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2008
Bracknell UK
Three common solutions to this:

1. When it gets stuck, unplug the USB cable and plug it back in. That usually works

2. Restore your phone to a clean 3.0 install and then try again

3. Make absolutely sure that you have the right firmware, in your case "iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw", check it is 1,1 not another version

:Rob:

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2009
did it yesterday

Three common solutions to this:

1. When it gets stuck, unplug the USB cable and plug it back in. That usually works

2. Restore your phone to a clean 3.0 install and then try again

3. Make absolutely sure that you have the right firmware, in your case "iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw", check it is 1,1 not another version

All of the above are good rules to follow.

Use 1 if you are stuck in "waiting for reboot"

Restart the process if you are stuck with the "harddisk and green arrow" icon

And yes make sure you have the right FW not previously modified.

superflush

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2009
i have an iphone 2g i am trying to jailbreak and unlock and i turn it off it goes into dfu mode.. then it starts the jailbreak process then it says waiting for reboot and its stuck on that .. i have tried it many times and each time it gets stuck on the waiting for reboot stage during the jailbreak process in redsnow ..any help ? i am on 3.0 using the 3.0 firmware NOT 3.0.1

Which version of redSn0w are you using?
I tried in with 8.0 & 7.2 on both XP and OS X and I had the same problem that you are having. I then tried it with an older version: redSn0w 7.1 and it worked fine. This version gave me the option to Unlock right under the checkbox to install Cydia. Worked just fine (I did it on XP in the end). I just followed the instructions here: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2OatDJ8nmw&feature=channel_page) and it worked just fine to jailbreak & unlock 3.0.1 in one move. The links that I used are to the right of the video.

So, after a long time having that same problem, I finally got it to work :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.