iPhone 2g or 3g or ipod touch!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rollerross, Jun 25, 2009.

1. rollerross macrumors newbie

So I’m now having a decision, I would love to buy an iPhone but I’m a school boy and I don’t earn much so £250 is my max limit. I’m replacing my old iPod touch because im just bored with it and im interested in an iPhone. My LG Viewty (which is on o2 contract) is really buggering me, i thinking of switching to a different phone and using the same sim card. So I thought eBay would be the best idea for cheap iPods and iPhones, I looked and I’m wondering for about £140 i can get 2g and for £230 i can get 3g or go safely and get a iPod touch. I need help please!

2. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

You can get a 2g for £140?! Or a 3G for £230?! Have you watched a bunch of auctions 'till the end? 'cause 2 months ago the 2G's were almost always going for at least £200, and while the 3GS will have knocked the value a bit, the 2G's still the only phone which is easily unlockable.

And £230 for the 3G seems waaaay too low.

I would think a new iPod touch is out of the question since you're "bored" of your old one. Also, why do you want the iPhone, other than constant internet? (which if you don't already have will be a £7.50 bolt on on top of your current contract) The touch is really very similar and if you're not going to add mobile internet then there's little point.

On the iPhone front, you'd be better getting a 3G, as the 2G likely won't be supported for the next software update and is missing features like MMS.