iphone 2g or 3g???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thansher01, Apr 30, 2009.

1. thansher01 macrumors newbie

hi. i will be buying an iphone. what's the difference between 2g and 3g iphone? you thoughts will help me decide... thanks;)

2. MACoconut macrumors regular

wait for the new one in summer (rumored launch)

3. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

There is no 2G. :) There's iPhone and iPhone 3G. 3G is well, 3G. It's a faster wireless network and as such, monthly price for data is $10 more per month. The iPhone 3G also has a GPS chip installed. Screen size, camera, storage size, etc are the same between the 2. Other than the some other cosmetic differences (plastic vs metal), flush headphone jack on 3G model, etc they are pretty similar devices.

With that said, there's rumor of a new phone being launched this summer. At the very minimum new software is definitely being released which works fully on the iPhone 3G but not all features will be enabled on the original iPhone. I'd wait to see what's offered this summer and if it's nothing good, get an iPhone 3G. :)

4. jarjarblinks macrumors 6502

jarjarblinks

The original iPhone is almost not worth getting now, given that even if you purchase one, it will almost definitely be out of warranty (or soon).

Given the fragility of the iPhone its always best to purchase one that is still under the radar of Apple.

By reason of that itself, its as good as the 3G or whatever's upcoming.

5. thansher01 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks to MACoconut, bytethese and jarjarblinks;)