iPhone 2G plan eligibility

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Michael CM1, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

If I sell my 2G iPhone to a friend, will he still be able to get the $20/month data plan that I have been using? I found a co-worker who would like to buy mine for just this reason, and I can't find anything on AT&T's site that doesn't deal with iPhone 3G issues.

2. Ratpack1961 macrumors member

If you have the $20 unlimited data plan from awhile ago, they probably won't transfer it to another account because its discontinued. If they do that would be amazing customer service, but don't bet on it :)

3. brosmooth macrumors member

brosmooth

im pretty sure you still can, to test it out, restore your phone to where you have to reactivate it / sign up for a new plan. Ok i know, get a new sim card, restore/update the os to where you need to activate, then itll ask you if your an existing customer, fill some stuff out and then i think it will list the plans and stuff in itunes to choose from, see if it still says the $20/month....... good luck

4. worldwearyeyes macrumors regular

yes.

5. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

don't listen to anyone else.

I have a line on my family plan that I've had for 3 years.

it has the discount upgrade for iphone 4.

I bought a iphone 2g off ebay and set it up over the phone with att like 3 days ago.

the only data plan available for the 2g is unlimited data****

it rolls over to the iphone 4, I checked my eligibility and "unlimited data" is an option for me.

6. mcheng4 macrumors member

yup jus signed up for 2G last week, unlimited data and 200 texts! is sweet, and it put me back onto the unlimited option once I get my iphone 4.