iphone 2G questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nyutnyut, Nov 3, 2008.

1. nyutnyut macrumors member

i might be able to get a free iphone 2G, so i had a couple questions.

do i need to get a data plan?

will the new att wireless hot spots be available to those phones without a data plan?

will i be able to do things like download a google map or something when i'm connected at home, then have it in the memory to look at later?

2. nyutnyut thread starter macrumors member

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Yes, you have to have one. I've heard of a few folks who weasled out of it somehow, but I'm pretty sure they didn't get away with it for more than a month or so.

I believe this answers your other 2 questions as well.

4. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

if the phone already has been activated you don't need a data plan. Just swap SIMs and you're gtg.

Yes you can use ATT wifi without a data plan.

5. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

if the phone already has been activated you don't need a data plan. Just swap SIMs and you're gtg.

Yes you can use ATT wifi without a data plan.

6. nyutnyut thread starter macrumors member

cool, ty

7. gheavey macrumors newbie

if you do get the 2g phone and want to get something to unlock all the 2g has to offer there are some websites out there were you can buy a solution guide which will help you unlock those features