iPhone 2G restarting

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by M3Stang, Feb 7, 2016.

1. M3Stang macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I recently picked up an iPhone 2G for collector purposes. Its in fantastic shape and is a 4GB model. Anyway when fully charged the battery lasts for days on end. But, when I put my SIM card in it from my 6S Plus (with an adapter of course) and then start using it it works, but then it will randomly lock up and restart. Everytime it restarts the battery indicator has a chunk missing from it. I am about to order a new battery and solder it in. I was basically just asking to get opinons. Its a bad battery right? Just weird that it works no probelm without a sim card in it. It makes calls and texts and runs on the EDGE network no problem just restarts.

2. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

I'd see if you can get a different, older SIM for it. Remember that the original iPhone is an antique by today's phone standards. I still have my old iPhone 8GB as an emergency backup, too, but I haven't tried putting a sim through an adapter. That might be your issue.

3. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

Maybe it's because there is no such thing as "iPhone 2G"?
    Here are list of iPhone, 1st Gen, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6+, 6s, 6s+.

4. Jtludwig macrumors 6502

Thank you. That is so helpful.

5. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

So as your, that is also so helpful to spend time to read something is helpful to you, and spend time to reply, and point out someone is helpful.

6. M3Stang thread starter macrumors newbie

I have another 2G 8GB that has a cracked screen but it works fine when my SIM is in it.