Iphone 2G Screen Replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by applefool, Aug 17, 2009.

1. applefool macrumors member

applefool

Does anyone know where to find good detailed instructions on how to properly replace the iphone 2g screen from start to finish? I have the tools but I can't seem to find a good video or tutorial. The ones on youtube dont take you through the whole process or walk you back through the reassembly. Please post links of you know of something. Thanks.

2. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Device/iPhone_1st_Generation

They break the whole phone down, I'm sure from there you can work on the screen. :)

3. applefool thread starter macrumors member

applefool

anyone have anything else to add here? any and everything is appreciated. thanks.

4. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

just dont even try it.. its not worth replacing the screen on a 2g.. just break down and buy a 3g.. its 100% to hard to do.. and 100% to expensive to get someone else to TRY to do it..

5. applefool thread starter macrumors member

applefool

wish i could do that, but i bought these phones and touch panels already. i have to fix them. been watching videos all night but i'd still like to see a video thats takes you all the way through the 2g touch panel disassembly and replacement.