Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mexbearpig

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 26, 2008
Here
So I plan on getting a iPhone 2G for cheap ($90) with a broken screen. Only the glass is broke. So my plan is to buy a kit with the glass only. I'm just going pick the glass and glue off the front and avoid opening the phone. Then I'll use the adhesive included in the kit to glue down the new glass. Hopefully nothing will go wrong....

Is there any tips that are essential?
How hard is this? I know some people have done it before on here so I am hoping it is pretty simple
Also I know this isn't the right forum but is $90 a good deal?

Thanks

Gadgetgeezer

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2009
Advice is - don't waste your time and money. That screen is a digitiser which is stuck to the LCD - you will never remove it without damaging the phone and LCD. Please think again.

Gadgetgeezer

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2009
I agree that the guy on the video is good, but it wasn't his first time I am sure. Looks like one slip and you are in damaged LCD land. Maybe I will have a go with an old screen. I think if you have a glass which is smashed already, that gives you a good start i.e. you can get a knife under it. Well, good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.