iPhone 2G- Some apps not opening (HELP!)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thearea51, Oct 3, 2011.

1. thearea51 macrumors newbie

Hi Guys, First of all Hello my name is jimmy and i am from mumbai, india.

I've installed vlingo app and olx classifieds app on my iphone and both are not opening. when i tapp on vlingo a purplish background appear and suddenly i return to spring board, same with olx app when i tapp to olx a background with olc appears and then i return to home screen. other apps are running fine, but some are not. i've faced similar problem with apps like camera+ and realcover.

How to solve this, please help me.

I dont think storage is problem, because more than 4 GB space is Free.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    I have one more problem with Time zone,i set time zone to mumbai, india and when i connect my usb for sync it changes to paris, this happens again and again, i set to mumbai and when i connect my usb cable it changes to paris. what should i do????

2. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

iphone 2g?!!!...you are lucky the phone is opening :D

3. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

Unfortunately, some apps need a more updated ios version than the 2g allows. To see if it will work with your version, in itunes, look at the requirements on the app page.

Presently, since I sold my iPhone 4 months ago, I am using my original 2g bought on June 30th, 2007. Soon, I will upgrade! Yes, it still works fine, and the battery holds a decent charge, but it's only 2g so it's slow. Also, some apps won't work with it's early ios version.

4. thearea51 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't think app version is problem. my iphone is running ios 3.1.3 and vlingo supports 3.1.3

5. admanimal macrumors 68040

While it supports the correct OS, perhaps the developers of the app neglected to test it on the original iPhone, which might not have enough memory to run it.

6. SydneyJunkie macrumors regular

In America, we would use your phone as a door stopper

7. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

Really dude?

I still have the original iPod. And the damn thing still works. I keep it around as a decorative piece. I only wish I kept my original iPhone for the same purpose.

8. thearea51 thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe in America these things comes cheap with AT&T Contract, but in india its quite expensive.

9. jaytv111 macrumors regular

ask the developers of this app if they tested it on the original iPhone. Unfortunately there's not much we can do if it doesn't work, because the original iPhone is a slight bit outdated.

10. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

On my 2g, I installed Vlingo (voice app). Unfortunately, it won't open. Also, by version 2.0.9 it says iOS 4.0 tested. So, like I said earlier, I don't believe it will work with 3.1.3. There's very little reason for the developer to make it work with anything before iOS 4.

11. thearea51 thread starter macrumors newbie

No problem if it doesn't work, but i only want to know is it normal with an iphone 2g. actually my iphone 2g is running whited00r 4.4.1 (3.1.3 mod)