Iphone 2g stuck on apple with the loading bar

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nikolasrs, Feb 17, 2010.

1. nikolasrs macrumors newbie

Hey guys please HELP ME.
    I reset all content through settings on me 2g iphone with 3.1.2 software.
    Its stuck on the black screen with apple and the little circle thing that loads. Its turning itself of after about 5 mins and back on again.
    Is this reseting?
    tried the reseting pressing the home and top button but nothing. PLEASE HELP

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

What you clicked on is "erase" all content and settings, not reset. Your only hope is to restore in DFU mode (see my sig for link).

3. AK10R macrumors regular

Gettings I’m in the same boat with my 2g…… I updated the software to latest iTunes and then the iPhone software. I keep getting the need to restore message then it can’t do it. The phone was working fine before I tried to update.

The good news is I’m on vacation the bad no phone.

I followed the vid and am in dfu mode with my phone still pluged in to my laptop with iTune running.

What do I do now that I’m in DFU mode?

Thanks Rich

4. AK10R macrumors regular

If anyone has a helpful tip let me know. Right now I have my iPhone in DFU mode plugged into iTunes. It wants to restore but like all the other times it get to the end of restore and up pops the error message (14) that it can’t restore the phone. I’ve tried different cords to connect with.

If I take the phone to the Apple store here in Waikiki will they do anything to help me fix my iPhone. I don’t want to get a new phone until this summer when the next iPhone rolls out.

Thanks in advance…..

5. AK10R macrumors regular

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You're really going to irriate members and the mods, if you triple post like this. Either a member gets to your post or not. If not, they either don't have an answer or are busy or they just don't care to reply. Follow the rules, okay?

Now that that's out of the way:

The video shows you what you do (besides the words below the video). The phone gets recognized by iTunes, you click ok, and it gets restored. So, tell me exactly what's happening with your phone.

7. AK10R macrumors regular

I updated my iTunes and then my iphone yesterday. During the iPhone update I get the error message that the iphone cannot be updated and that I need to restore. I have a 8g 1st gen phone.
    iTunes tells me I have to restore the iPhone when I plug it in. The only option I’m given is restore and up date. When I click to do the restore and update it gets to about the end of the restore and gives me an error message that it cannot restore.
    I have tried this in the BFU mode and still only get the option from iTunes to restore and update. I have no option to restore to a different version of the iPhone software.
    Thanks

8. AK10R macrumors regular

I took my phone to the Apple store here in Waikiki and was given an appointment with a genius. Sean plugged my phone into the Mac book (in DFU mode) and the phone did a restore. I had my laptop and did a full restore. My phone is working great and I lost none of my data, photos ect. Big Thanks to Sean at the Apple store in Waikiki.

If anyone is having a similar issue I think that if you’re able to connect your iPhone to a different computer running iTunes it would be worth the effort.
    If anyone here was peeved with my multiple posts I’d suggest maybe roll with it a little bit. I thought I added a little more info in the second post then a little humor instead of saying PLEASE help me.

Thanks aggie for your help(your link) but I could do without the talking too like a little kid. I’m could give you the “I’m a adult” speech but I’ll spare you the drama.

I read a lot of post here and really enjoy most of you here. I’m looking forward to the iPad when it comes out.