Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

All0ut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
Hi I own an older iPhone 2g 16GB and it got stuck on the apple logo a few days ago and I did some research and got it to get to the point of restoring but with it saying error (6) about a quarter of the way into it. I have read some posts and have tried DFU mode but wasn't certain if I got it to work. Any help? Thanks in advance.

All0ut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
1. Dont know where that is on a Mac and 2. I have done that on a PC but in that file there is no files just a folder its really weird is there any hard back ups of this i can get anywhere?

Insulin Junkie

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2008
Mainland Europe
From what I'm reading quite a few people with that error simply have it replaced... is it still under warranty? I had a hard time finding alternative fixes for that error. Sorry, I hope you manage to sort it out.

All0ut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
no, my friend actually gave it to me so idk about any warranty stuff. thanks anways

trunksu

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2008
are u sure you're in DFU? i used to think i was in DFU but i really was just in recovery mode. once i really got into the DFU mode the error 6 never showed up on the restore.

All0ut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
everytime I try to go to DFU it just goes to recovery idk why

All0ut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
UPDATE: I tried many programs to force me into DFU mode. But all of these programs can not detect my iphone and idk why. The good thing is if I can get into DFU mode im positive this will work. But getting into DFU mode is hard because I dont know what to do next.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.