iPhone 2g sync weirdness

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Brickhead, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Brickhead macrumors newbie

Ok so I successfully can sync my outlook contacts and music from itunes to my iphone.

But i can't seem to get any video to sync to my iphone. I've asked like 5 friends with iphones and they all say 'i don't do video'!

I have tons of movies all in AVI format, and would like to copy a couple of them to the iphone so i have timewasters if i ever get stuck somewhere, i'm traveling, etc.

from what i understand i have to convert the AVIs to MP4, but even after doing that i still can't seem to sync any movies to my iphone.

could someone tell me in step by step terms what I need to do? ie...

step 1- convert AVI to MP4
    step 2- place in the c:\documents and settings\username\my documents\my videos folder
    step 3- drag movie MP4 to itunes movie screen
    step 4- synch

or whatever it's supposed to be... because that's what i'm doing, and it doesn't work :/

thanks

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

The conversion must get them into the right size for the iPhone as well as getting them into mp4 format.

check out "Mediacoder iphone edition" via Google

3. Brickhead thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks.. downloading it now. What size do you mean - is there a certain pixel like 320x240 it should be?

4. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Yes, 480x320, Mediacoder takes care of that for you in the iPhone edition.