Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

STC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 14, 2008
I downgraded to 8.0 from 8.1 two nights ago because 8.1 gave me endless problems. Downgarde was simple and didnt give me any problems....except one.

Ever since the downgarde whenever I sync and want to change photos in the iPhone Photo Album, I get an prompt saying something like "Steve's iPhone is synced to a different album, would you like to delete stuff on the iphone and sync w/ the new album".

My iPhone has been syncing w/ this computer ever since I bought the iPhone. How do set iTunes so this phone is "set" to this photo album and this computer.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
I downgraded to 8.0 from 8.1 two nights ago because 8.1 gave me endless problems. Downgarde was simple and didnt give me any problems....except one.

Ever since the downgarde whenever I sync and want to change photos in the iPhone Photo Album, I get an prompt saying something like "Steve's iPhone is synced to a different album, would you like to delete stuff on the iphone and sync w/ the new album".

My iPhone has been syncing w/ this computer ever since I bought the iPhone. How do set iTunes so this phone is "set" to this photo album and this computer.

Being an older version of iTunes means it won't recognise anything to do with newer versions - so it doesn't understand that it's still being synced to the same computer, it's recognising being synced to a newer version as being synced to another computer. As long as you have all your music and everything in iTunes still then there should be no problem when you click "yes". It will merely set the iPod to sync with your iTunes again.

STC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 14, 2008
Being an older version of iTunes means it won't recognise anything to do with newer versions - so it doesn't understand that it's still being synced to the same computer, it's recognising being synced to a newer version as being synced to another computer. As long as you have all your music and everything in iTunes still then there should be no problem when you click "yes". It will merely set the iPod to sync with your iTunes again.

I understand that and yes all my stuff is still in iTunes. I was just curious why it was. Is there a way I can set this iTunes to my phone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.