iPhone 2G w/ 3.0 syncing w/ iTunes 8.2 problems........pls help.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by STC, Jun 22, 2009.

1. STC macrumors 6502a

I was hesitant to upgrade iTunes 8.0.2 to 8.2 because of slow syncing issues when I upgraded to iTunes 8.1. After downgrading back to 8.0 I had no issues.

Now that 3.0 is out, I had to upgrade and prayed that I wouldnt run into the same 8.1 issues. Well needless to say, I'm having the same issues. This is what happens:
    -With iTunes open, when I 1st plugin the iPhone normally the iPhone main screen automatically pops up. With iTunes 8.2, that iPhone screen does not pop up, but I can see it in the menu bar on the left. It takes a few clicks on "Steve's iPhone" on the menu bar to get to the iPhone main screen.
    -I hit sync to sync the iPhone. iTunes basically says "Syncing Steve's iPhone" for a LONG time. It could be 10 mins, could be hours.
    -When I finally give up, I slide the bar on the iPhone, ctrl+alt+delete to cancel iTunes and shut it down.
    -I open iTunes again, plug in the phone, and it automatically goes into "Verfying Steve's iPhone". Sometimes it finishes verfying, most times it doesn't and just hangs there.

This is exactly what happened w/ iTunes 8.1. Now that I need iTunes 8.2 for 3.0, I'm stuck. Normally a 10 min sync now takes hrs.

Pls help.

2. STC thread starter macrumors 6502a