iPhone 2g with iPhone 6s SIM card

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by FreEdv, Apr 16, 2017.

1. FreEdv macrumors newbie

Hello. Can I use my iPhone 6s Norwegian SIM card to activate an iPhone 2g, and then take it out again to use it in my iPhone 6s?
    Thanks for answers.

2. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Nope,wrong size,the 2G had a SIM card sized the same as the 3G and 3GS,from iPhone 4 and up,the sim is much smaller.

3. FreEdv thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok Thanks for answer, but cant i USE A sim Card adapter (those you Get at Amazon for 3$)?

4. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Possible,but before buying one,be sure it works. Not sure about which adapter amazon sell,as we don't have that company in my part of Europe.

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

6. FreEdv thread starter macrumors newbie

But is it working to activate it with a Norwegian SIM card, or is only AT&T working?

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It will likely be locked to AT&T or whatever carrier it is from. You can unlock it via one of the many unlocking tools available for an iPhone 2G.

8. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

Older thread, but what Intel said ^.

Not quite the same but I have an iPhone 3GS active right now running on the SIM from my iPhone 7 (nano SIM to standard SIM adapter). It's on AT&T but it's also unlocked and it was on Straight Talk previously. Still works great!

I'd think as long as you've got EDGE out there it'd be able to activate and if it's unlocked. Tons of tools out there for that, though they are on the older side most still work on macOS or Windows.

9. Emmie123 macrumors newbie

Emmie123

you cant use i phone 2g sim in i phone 6 sim because 2g sim is big in size or i phone 6 sim in small in size