Iphone 2G wont get recognized by iTunes after secure erase

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by loopy111, Jul 13, 2009.

1. loopy111 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, just got an iphone from my buddy who "securely erased" all his settings. When i plug the iphone into iTunes it wont recognize it and it only stays on the apple logo. the only way i can shut it off is by holding the on/off switch and the home button. any ideas how to fix this?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Put the device into DFU Mode and then do a restore in iTunes.

3. loopy111 thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you i will give it a try.

4. eugela macrumors newbie

Hi, I have a similar problem.

Been using a 2G with 3.0 Redsnow JB for few weeks and last night did a erase of all settings and contents.

This morning, windows/itunes not able to detect the phone thru USB.

Went into DFU mode as instructed, but due to itunes cant detect phone, there is no way I can restore it.

Any help pls, thanks

5. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

6. eugela macrumors newbie

I have done that DFU process many times but problem is iTunes is unable to detect my iPhone. The main problem for me is that iTunes can't detect iPhone so whatever dfu or jailbreak, whenever it reaches the point to detect the iPhone, the error will occur.

Is there a way to make iTunes or windows detect the iPhone?

7. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Which error when you say "the error will occur"?

Are you able to try it:

1. With a different USB port?
    2. With a different USB cable?
    3. On a different computer?
    4. On a Mac?

8. eugela macrumors newbie

I have tried different cable, all 3 USB ports and on 4 different PCs and notebook ranging from HP, Lenovo, Dell.

However, a friend of mine plug my iphone into his mac and is able to recognise it and helping me to jailbreak successfully now.

As it is JB on mac platform, now to use my iphone, I will need to get a mac. :D

9. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Your Windows PC should recognise it OK now that the process is done, give it a try

10. eugela macrumors newbie

Moi, thanks for your patience, though the iphone now is able to be recognise by macbook, the weird thing is it is still undetectable by windows.

Anyway, I have decided to get a mac asap so this problem is temporary resolved until my iphone go dead.

Thanks and if anyone have any more idea for me to test, pls feel free to drop your advise here.

Thanks