iPhone 3.0.1 Jailbreak on 2G iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by danieljacobj, Jul 31, 2009.

1. danieljacobj macrumors newbie

Has anyone had any luck using redsn0w 0.8 to jailbreak after updating to 3.0.1 on an original iPhone? I was able to update and redo the jailbreak on my 3GS but can't seem to get it to work on my 2G. I seem to get stuck after I hold the power and home buttons down, it never powers back on and redsn0w says "waiting for device to reboot" or something like that. I am open to any suggestions. Thank you

2. Dakenson macrumors newbie

exactly the same problem here... No rebooting even redsn0w says it's waiting for it :confused: I had 3.0, updated to 3.0.1 and then tried to jailbreak 3.0 again but it doesn't work, I was planning to use Pwnage Tool but I still have Pwng Tool 3.0 and I can't find the bug-fixed 3.0.1
    Where can I get it?

3. iLeoMarc macrumors regular

When stuck at "waiting for reboot" just unplug the iPhone from the USB and reconnect. Should recognize it as rebooting :)

4. mikehockenballs macrumors member

mikehockenballs

After a few attempts I have successfully used redsnow 0.8 which is now available on the Dev Team site and have upgraded to 3.01. It took me a few restores and in total I have ran redsnow 4 times to get to the correct state. I found that if I selected 'icy' to be used by redsnow that it would crash redsnow, so I had to untick the box. At one point the only icon I had on my phone was the cydia one and nothing else, but I just kept perservering until it worked completely.

So dont give up easily keep trying redsnow.

5. slu macrumors 68000

slu

This is what worked for me.

6. danieljacobj thread starter macrumors newbie

Unplugging the phone and reconnecting helped fix mine. I guess I was thinking it would be more like doing my 3GS where I didn't have to do much at all. Thanks again for the help.

7. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

Thanks, that's awesome! I was stuck at waiting to reboot too and your advice was perfect!

8. mokum macrumors newbie

How can I thank you enough? I tried everything for 24 hours, all hits I got at google, all tips, all tricks: nothing worked... but unplugging.

Thank you a LOT for this trick, it saved me from having to fight with my wive over the 3rd and last working iPhone ;)