Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buddywalker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
I've seen many screenshots, including engadget's review that show iphone os 3.0 including a battery percentage indicator. I can't for the life of me figure out how to turn it on and I am pretty sure I've tried every setting. Is there something I don't know about this or can anyone enlighten me on what exactly is going on with it. Thanks in advance.

brosmooth

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2009
if you searched you would have found that its a 3GS exclusive feature.... thank you

SeanZy

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2008
You know I keep reading that this is a 3GS only feature... but I have one problem with that.

On engadgets 3G vs. 3GS speed comparison, both phones clearly have the percentage indicator.

Now if the phone on the left is a 3G and it is a 3GS only feature, how is that possible?

I mean im not doubting it is a 3GS only feature, but I would have to say that makes their comparison bogus. or somewhere someone is lying. haha

nabechu

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2008
You know I keep reading that this is a 3GS only feature... but I have one problem with that.

On engadgets 3G vs. 3GS speed comparison, both phones clearly have the percentage indicator.

Now if the phone on the left is a 3G and it is a 3GS only feature, how is that possible?

I mean im not doubting it is a 3GS only feature, but I would have to say that makes their comparison bogus. or somewhere someone is lying. haha

If you have jailbroken your phone prior to installing 3.0, the percentage indicator some how just shows up.

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
If you have jailbroken your phone prior to installing 3.0, the percentage indicator some how just shows up.

Could be...I have the % next to the battery icon and mine was jb'd prior to the upgrade. I really want the iphone dev team to release their 3.0 jb...I want my Slingplayer over 3G back!! (among other things).

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Once the jailbreak for 3.0 is out, you can edit a plist to enable the battery percentage indicator.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.