iphone 3.0 battery percentage indicator?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by buddywalker, Jun 17, 2009.

1. buddywalker macrumors newbie

I've seen many screenshots, including engadget's review that show iphone os 3.0 including a battery percentage indicator. I can't for the life of me figure out how to turn it on and I am pretty sure I've tried every setting. Is there something I don't know about this or can anyone enlighten me on what exactly is going on with it. Thanks in advance.

2. brosmooth macrumors member

brosmooth

if you searched you would have found that its a 3GS exclusive feature.... thank you

3. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

You know I keep reading that this is a 3GS only feature... but I have one problem with that.

On engadgets 3G vs. 3GS speed comparison, both phones clearly have the percentage indicator.

Now if the phone on the left is a 3G and it is a 3GS only feature, how is that possible?

I mean im not doubting it is a 3GS only feature, but I would have to say that makes their comparison bogus. or somewhere someone is lying. haha

4. nabechu macrumors 6502

If you have jailbroken your phone prior to installing 3.0, the percentage indicator some how just shows up.

5. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Could be...I have the % next to the battery icon and mine was jb'd prior to the upgrade. I really want the iphone dev team to release their 3.0 jb...I want my Slingplayer over 3G back!! (among other things).

6. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Once the jailbreak for 3.0 is out, you can edit a plist to enable the battery percentage indicator.