Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lukesdyer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2009
I have just upgraded my iphone 3g to the new 3.0 beta 2 firmware.
Everything seemed to go okay, however when turned on the phone hangs on the activating dialog. eventually it goes away, and the phone goes to the main homepage screen with icons.

I am using a tmobile sim card with the rebel sim, and the phone has yet to gain access to the network. I am going to try with a ATT sim tomorrow, but am wondering if there is something special that i need to do to activate?

(I already have added my UDID to a developer account, so it should be good to go.)

any help is appreciated :)

Brunos82

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2009
When you restore make sure to set up like a new iPhone

don't choose a previous back-up to install from

it might be that you can only use it with at&t

not too familiar on the unlocked vs. 3.0 compatibility

raptorlol

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2008
I have just upgraded my iphone 3g to the new 3.0 beta 2 firmware.
Everything seemed to go okay, however when turned on the phone hangs on the activating dialog. eventually it goes away, and the phone goes to the main homepage screen with icons.

I am using a tmobile sim card with the rebel sim, and the phone has yet to gain access to the network. I am going to try with a ATT sim tomorrow, but am wondering if there is something special that i need to do to activate?

(I already have added my UDID to a developer account, so it should be good to go.)

any help is appreciated :)

I would suggest to active the phone first with a ATT sim and the use the Tmobile ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.