Iphone 3.0 beta 2 tethering disabled?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ethan028, Apr 4, 2009.

1. ethan028 macrumors 6502a

ethan028

Well ive been trying every single carrier file and there all not working! it might be 10.5.6 no, idk but still it shows up but when i flip that on switch and cancel bluetooth nothing onmy mac happens?

2. ethan028 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ethan028

Yes and thank you for the response, it didnt work :(

3. thisisarcadia macrumors 6502

I am running 10.5.6 and i have been tethering almost everyday at school because they disabled the wireless there! ha Anyways i was first just using bluetooth and that was good but it killed battery life. All i did was pair the 2 devices, but it would connect like 1 out of the 5 times. So i plugged in my phone and it connected right away via ethernet adapter (en3). It is so much faster and it doesnt run down the battery as much. I love it i just hope they dont charge a **** ton of money when the final release comes out to tether. It wont let me upload the file and i forget the website to download it but just go to some different forums on the carrier update problem and most of them give you a link to download it! The .ipcc is 36 kb.

4. ethan028 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ethan028

Can anyone help me please i am only tethering thorugh bluetooth atm. and i need USB.

5. Dan in PA macrumors regular

6. jerfrank macrumors newbie

I heard installing this disables MMS and voicemail. Is this true? If so, how do you fix the problem?

7. jarjarblinks macrumors 6502

jarjarblinks

Mine's 10.5.6 and its been working fine for a week already. I do notice that on BT, the connection dies when iPhone sleeps sp I have to set the screen to permanent. Not sure if its just me. MMS has been fine thus far, VM is not supported by my carrier. OP, if yours is a unibody, then BT can't work n tethering can only be achieved by USB. Read tha of TUAW or gidzmodo.

8. ethan028 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ethan028

Well, i had the en3 thing in the system preferences under network but when it popped up i accidentally ignored it :( is there anyway to like reset the network settings and have it pop up again?

9. ethan028 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ethan028

Gah, i tried that .ipcc file and it still doesnt work i even reset all my network settings here and restored my phone 3 times! someone help :(

10. ethan028 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ethan028

Okay i finnally figured it out its just now when i enable it USB it lags like hell any fix or its gonna do that?

11. Dan in PA macrumors regular

The lag is not normal, at least for me....I instantly get a connection when I plug the phone in, and speeds of ~180-220 Kbit/s (EDGE). Sorry I can't help you fix this, but as far as I know lagging isn't normal.

12. iBallz macrumors 6502

iBallz

How did you get it to work? I still cant get mine to tether.:(