iPhone 3.0 Beta 4 About Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by agrobbin, Apr 28, 2009.

1. agrobbin macrumors newbie

I just tonight installed Beta 4 of the iPhone 3.0 OS. No problems to report yet, except for a very strange problem. Inside the Settings app under General > About, you'll notice the count of Songs, Videos, and Photos not loading.

I waited a full 30 seconds before taking this screenshot and can't for the life of me figure out why. Could this be related to the fact that iPod takes forever to open and is perhaps the least stable app in 3.0?

Can anyone else duplicate this issue?

--Alex

Attached Files:

2. The General macrumors 601

Mine loads just fine.

Attached Files:

3. Steve686 macrumors 68020

Steve686

Works fine also.

Next time, maybe post this in another correlating thread about betas instead of starting a whole thread about one minor issue. You may get more responses quicker.

4. LinMac macrumors 65816

Yes, please respond to a single thread with a question about a minor issue so it can be buried in hundreds of barely related posts. Uhh.. no. ;)

5. bakerster macrumors regular

i have the same problem.

also my ipod app doesnt open at all.. ?

6. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Mine doesn't load anything but my iPod app works.

Just restore it. See if that fixes it. Is it really that big of a deal?

7. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Yeah, it's better for those who are not interested in the Beta having to get through the tons of "new beta feature/bug" threads until they find something they want.

8. Vonswanko macrumors regular

Mine is doing the same thing. And still does it even after a restart. Takes a little while to show the count. I do have a lot of songs and video, though.

9. kalaj macrumors newbie

10. mobilehavoc macrumors 6502

mobilehavoc

It works it's just very very slow. Slower than pre-OS 3.0 from what I remember but if you leave it long enough it does load - at least on mine.

11. Donald0551 macrumors newbie

Okay everyone i desperately need help!!!! I am having sooo many problems with the Iphone 3.0 beta 4. First off i should say that I do not have a dev account and that my UDID was placed onto a list (2 actually) and I was able to run beta 3 and still am running beta 3 without any problems except the glitches and bugs and such. I am running windows vista (yeah i know i suck right?) 64 bit version.

Heres my problems:
    First off when i installed itunes 8.2 prerelease it told me that I should install the 64 bit version I however don't even know if one actually exists nor would i know where to look.
    Secondly I installed the itunes anyways and tried to shift+update as i've heard this was much easier...well i got the pink screen of death...i was told to restore my phone so i did so back to 3.0 beta 3.
    I then tried to install the beta 4 using shift+restore and this also produced the pink screen of death. I again reinstalled beta 3
    I even tried using the FDU mode or whatever it's called and yet again i still had no luck.
    I uninstalled that version of itunes because it was giving me some problems and for some reason my iphone would no longer sync with itunes.

What can i do to get this working? I understand that I HAVE to update otherwise my phone will be basically bricked within a few days anyways.

Could someone please give me a guide as to how i can properly update my iphone to beta 4

Thanks so much

12. ichabodkky macrumors member

Anybody else figure out why Apple released a "pre-release" of iTunes 8.2 for Windows? I mean, if you are a developer for the iPhone, Xcode ONLY works on a mac. So IF you have Xcode, you're on a Mac, why would you NEED a Windows pre-release?

13. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

To ensure it works. Not all developers are 1) Mac-exclusive and 2) not ignorant of the other types of OS that Apple supports.

14. atropos macrumors member

For the pink screen of death, that is predicted, You have to registrar the device in iPhone dev. in order to install the iPhone beta;

The beta 4 Settings still kinda buggy, I couldn't input the APN sort of things in Network, it just blank on the screen. I guess more beta version to come;)

15. jarjarblinks macrumors 6502

jarjarblinks

B4 has been nothing short of excellent.

The only gripe I have is still the excessive long time it takes to power off. Other than that, its almost near satisfactionary levels in all areas.

16. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

The developer you registered with must download the Windows Vista version of iTunes and you MUST install it to get beta 4 to work. You can not use a xp version on a 64 machine. This is why you are having issues. The iTunes 8.2 was released for ALL OS's so if your dev says its not there then he/she is lying.

17. Jeremy08 macrumors regular

PM and ill send you a link to the 64 bit version....

18. Bye Bye Baby macrumors 65816

Bye Bye Baby

Can you use the email alias feature for MobileMe with the new software? That is really importnat but it seems that it has been overlooked.

19. iamerrorrrr macrumors member

iamerrorrrr

Once again.....THE SOUND!!!
    ill be texting for awhile and then it freezes and kills all the sound....
    and goes SOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLOW its not even standable
    Anyone else having this issue

20. cdawg0708 macrumors member

3.0 beta 4 app store password problem

okay ever since i got the beta 4, my itunes password keeps saying its incorrect. When i sync it up the password works for like maybe 2 or 3 downloads and then says incorrect. I can enter on my computer and it works and i enter on my aol account and it works but when in the app store it doesnt. i make sure that i type it slow and right but it still doesnt work. Any solutions??

21. mikey2004 macrumors regular