Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GodlyDan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
Everyone knows that when the 3.0 beta originaly came out you had to have a Developer account to activate it. But when it came out I decided to test it out on my original iPhone and put 3.0 beta 2 on to it and tryed jailbreaking it. Now since I have an activated 3G i didnt worry about activation but when i ran the jailbreak on it there was an option called "Activate"

Now this may be a dumb question but I didnt highlight that option because i didnt need to worry about activating it but if i had would it had worked and activated my iPhone?

HP 4Gb RAM 2 TB External Hard Drive!!!!!!!!!!

geekmommy4

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2008
Texas
Not sure if I follow your question exactly, but it sounds like you don't have a developer account. If you don't have one, you can't get the beta to work. The option to activate in jailbreaking is only for non-AT&T users (in the U.S.)...if you are an active AT&T customer and check activate when jailbreaking, it can mess you up and you could have to restore.

GodlyDan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
Yeah i agree thanks everyone

and sorry about the clarification errors this was my first ever post :)

HP 4Gb RAM 2 TB External Hard Drive!!!!!!!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.