iPhone 3.0 Beta2 Tethering / MMS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AndrewSJGrant, Apr 4, 2009.

1. AndrewSJGrant macrumors newbie

Hey,

I'm running beta2 on my iphone, it all seems quite stable. I have two queries which hopefully someone can help me with.

1. When I woke up this morning I had a message on my iPhone which read something like this: 'This iPhone has been hacked and will be locked in 15 seconds you reatard.' It then had a green dismiss button below it. It all appears to work fine now. Could this be a friend playing a trick or has someone had this before?

2. My version of 3.0 doesn't have any mention of tethering or mms. Is there something I need to do to unlock it? From what I gather there should be a tethering option under 'Network' and I should be able to see a little camera icon in 'Messages.'

Thanks,

Andrew

2. ZunePod macrumors regular

Is it jailbroken?

If so, that message could have been part of the package, or just a random jackass who got your number

3. AndrewSJGrant thread starter macrumors newbie

No it is isn't jailbroken. It looked like a service message. Was very odd...

4. LinMac macrumors 65816

Could be a flash sms that somebody sent as a joke.

5. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

That is pretty strange. Never seen anything like that!

6. AndrewSJGrant thread starter macrumors newbie

is it possible that a friend has done this using 'Push?' A friend of mine has my UDID & phone number so that i can test his app. Is there something in the new firmware which allows this to be done?

7. AndrewSJGrant thread starter macrumors newbie

ok - sussed it out. It was a flash sms. on o2 in uk you can send these by typing *go before the message. i found out the answer from this site, just need to work out who sent it to me now!