iPhone 3.0 Bluetooth: A Reason to Upgrade to 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brasscat, Jun 17, 2009.

1. brasscat macrumors 6502

brasscat

If you've been waiting for stereo bluetooth in 3.0 there's good news and bad news.

The good news is stereo bluetooth now works! I've been listening to my iTunes music through my iPhone for the better half of the hour. It sounds better then the Apple earbuds with my inexpensive MacAlly bluetooth headset, and I have about 15-20 ft radius from the iPhone of perfect listening. Well, almost perfect.

The Bad News: I noticed subtle audio skips every 15 seconds of so. If I use the phone to send e-mail or browse the web while the bluetooth audio is playing, the entire phone seems to crawl and the audio chops in and out pretty terribly. Seems like there's not enough horsepower for Bluetooth and other applications.

Alas, I now have a reason to purchase the faster more powerful iPhone. :(

2. illitrate23 macrumors 6502

illitrate23

also, there's no volume control - so only usable with devices that have their own volume on them
    admittedly, this is the vast majority of bluetooth items - but if you're like me and you got the Sony HBH-IS800's because you don't like big chunky headphones, then you'll be stuck listening to music on them at a single volume - one that is just too quiet for walking along the street near traffic, but that's also far too loud for sitting on the train to work without the rest of the carriage listening along with you.