Iphone 3.0 Calendar Question?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by WannaGoMac, Jun 12, 2009.

1. WannaGoMac macrumors 68000

Hi,

I did a search, but didn't find an exact explanation or confirmation of what I am trying to do before I decide to buy an iPhone.

My Needs:
    • Work uses MS Exchange for email, calendar, and contacts.
    • Personal use Google calendar, email, and contacts.

1) Does iPhone 3.0 allow me to use both Google Calendar and MS Exchange calendars in a combined single iPhone Calendar Applicationview?

2) If it does, will I be able to make changes to each of my 2 calendars?

3) Will the Iphone keep my 2 calendar servers separate, and not try to combine the calendars and upload my personal to my work or my work to my personal calendar at the server level?

Thanks so much!

2. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

i haven't done it, but the way that it reads on Apple's page that should work fine.

Calendars are kept separate, you can view them all at once or individually.

3. WannaGoMac thread starter macrumors 68000

Hmm, but doesnt iphone limit you to one MS Exchange type account, and Google Calendar uses caldav or exchange?

4. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

5. elfxmilhouse macrumors 6502a

1. yes, if your works exchange server supports it/they allow it.
    2. yes, contacts and calendars are kept separate for exchange and all other accounts.(ie mobileme, local)
    3. yes, you can view the calendars together or one at a time. there will be no interaction between the two servers.

6. WannaGoMac thread starter macrumors 68000

That won't work because the iPhone only supports ONE MS Exchange type account. Google, surprisingly, uses ActiveSync (exchange for syncing).

But thanks for the thought!

How do you set this up? Google is ActiveSync as is Exchange, iphone 3.0 is limited to ONE account (why!?)

7. Fuchal macrumors 68020

you can set up google calendars as caldav, which you can have multiple. i have google as caldav and exchange calendars on my phone at the moment.

8. WannaGoMac thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks. And you can create and accept appointments on both calendars?