iPhone 3.0 Dev Questions (installation, etc)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mimosamac, Mar 28, 2009.

1. mimosamac macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I joined the iphone dev program to tinker around. couple quick questions:

- Is it true that if I install 3.0 on my phone, I'll never be able to go back to prior versions?

- If thats the case, when the final version is out this summer will i be able to update to it?

- My mac is currently out of commission, I'm using windoze. Is there any way to install w/o being on osx?

- while i know its a beta and can have problems, Is it still reliable enough that I can still purchase music, install apps and use the phone without any major issues? (i dont have the cash to devote to another phone just for testing)

Thanks All,
    Adam

Thanks,
    Adam

2. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

1. You can go back, it's pretty tricky tough, and may suffer some long-term damage (baseband is updated).

2. Yeah you can always update, downgrading is the problem (like i said, it can be done, but not for everyone, there is like a 8 page thread on here about it)

3. It can be done on windows.

4. There are alot of people that say that it's stable to run on an everyday device, but I wouldn't suggest it. If you run into problems, it may make your phone unusable for days (until its fixed)