iPhone 3.0 OS: Another buzz campaign Apple baiting us with?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sai Zelion, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Sai Zelion macrumors member

Sai Zelion

[​IMG]

With the announcement of iPhone 3.0 OS preview, there has been plenty of buzz aroused. Immediately the feature starved and greedy alike scream and rejoice about the possibilities!

MMS?
    MULTITASKING?
    COPY & PASTE? (THAT SEXY B!TCH WE IPHONE USERS CAN'T SEEM TO GET A DATE WITH!!!)
    LANDSCAPE KEYBOARD
    WIFI TETHERING?

Once again, Apple is revving up it's "hype generator" but this time, in a more forward fashion. Apple is known for being hush hush about upcoming features, overall goodies and product releases, opting to reveal them when they are complete, and are usually launched within a couple of weeks to follow the announcement.

But this time around, Apple is announcing an exciting new "DEVELOPMENT!"... eh? Yes you read me right, an... exciting.... new.... "DEVELOPMENT!", not a new finished product. Tagging along for the ride with this announcement is the news of the "NEW SDK." Grant it, chances are iPhone 3.0 may already be complete, and the announcement of the iPhone 3.0 OS preview may be more about the new SDK rather than a iPhone 3.0 OS preview alone.

While many agree this is not Apple's usual pentagon approach to new announcements, this is great for iPhone developers to receive proper time to get their coding mits on the new SDK in order to develop great apps in time for 3.0's launch. Yet, there could be adverse dangers because many users feel Apple is at risk of playing their hand too early by "PREVIEWING" iPhone 3.0- and giving the competition even the smallest of opportunities to start their CLONING and/or KOPY KAT theatrics is a potentially fatal SIN SIN SIN!

The main question i have for you all is...
    Is the new iPhone 3.0 OS and the new SDK announcement the beginning of a baiting system-buzz generating campaign to get us super excited- ONLY to find out that it will be available for a new iPhone entirely? in the meantime, to build more buzz, Apple will continue to, considerately, lovingly, keep us abreast on what developers are creating wielding the new SDK?

With the hopes, hearts, and souls of iPhone lovers weighing in the balance, we can only pray the Apple Gods will not present us with another iPhone update that will be coined iPHEWY if it again falls short of expectations.

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

No, they're not going to do that to iPhone users...at least not for the length of the exclusivity contract with at&t. It'll be available to all iPhone users.

3. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

4. TwoSpiritedBi macrumors newbie

ahahah, doesnt even matter, if Apple brought out a new iPhone, all it takes is a quick call to Rogers and ask to speak to a supervisor or manager and demand an upgrade. Rogers is so easy lol!

5. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

Could you give me an example of this conversation? Like, serious I mean, like not "lololol I want a new phone lololol".

I've yet to have to deal with Rogers in an angry tone. Yes, I know, blue moon.

6. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

It's not like this is anything all that new eg iPod event last year & Macworld both generated a load of buzz. Hopefully this won't be such a flop.

7. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I already bracing to be disappointed, so if they pull through and do not disappoint, then I'll be excited, but if they do disappoint, I'm ready for it and I won't be AS upset. I'm not letting the excitement build.

8. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

My thoughts exactly. We always have lofty expectations around here, but without fail, we are let down in the end. Just look at the rating system results when a new update (of any Apple product) comes out, it is always skewed heavily to the negative side.