Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Espo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
NY
Before when I used to turn on my iPhone it would stay on the Apple logo for a moment and then immediately go to the home screen.

Now on 3.0 it would stay on the logo for the same amount of time, and then it would go to a black screen for about 5-6 seconds and then go to the homescreen. At first this scared me because I thought my phone kept on freezing.

Anyone else notice this?

KSUWizard

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2008
Manhattan, KS
Mine is doing this too, sort of. I get a black screen after the logo and then I'll hit home or lock button to see that my phone is locked. It's like 3.0 auto locks on start up instead of going to first page of apps. I also have a longer turn off time. I also am noticing worse memory management using free memory app to view memory usage. I did an upgrade last night but I think I wil do a clean install this evening after work.

lkal3

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2007
same thing in my iphone

same thing there is in my iphone

Before when I used to turn on my iPhone it would stay on the Apple logo for a moment and then immediately go to the home screen.

Now on 3.0 it would stay on the logo for the same amount of time, and then it would go to a black screen for about 5-6 seconds and then go to the homescreen. At first this scared me because I thought my phone kept on freezing.

Anyone else notice this?

Snapperjw

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2007
Same For Me

I crapped my pants when this happened for the first time :eek:

Glad it's not just me....

Snapper :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.